Nov 11, 2009

Alpharetta
















These Alpharetta townhouses near North Point Mall are characteristic of the affluent job center. I took these pictures from my friends’ porch.  Over dinner he challenged me to name one benefit to living downtown stating that you can get the anything “out here”. While he enjoys the “order and cleanliness” suburban life provides, he admitted that his wife’s commute sucked.  His neighborhood doesn’t really have space for on-street parking, but it includes apartment style amenities like a pool and tennis court. 
















2 comments:

  1. I don't see the High Museum in Alpharetta. I don't see the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Atlanta Braves, or Atlanta Thrashers in Alpharetta. Also, if I wanted to live in a high-rise, I don't see that in Alpharetta, either. But the Atlanta Opera did move to Cobb County (the Cobb Energy Centre is still a close-in suburban area, though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good fieldwork, Vassel. Robert: I'm not sure Vassel agrees with his friend's perspective on things--but millions of people do! This place is particularly interesting to me for how it treats the car--narrow streets but an almost unbroken wall of driveways and garages.

    ReplyDelete