Nov 17, 2009

The Gated Community

The Oaks at Collinwood - Gated Community in Rome
There are many "gateless" gated communities in Rome (those where it is obvious who is welcome and who is not - several golf course communities) but there are few real gated communities. The ones here are usually retirement centers and I believe the gates and fences are used more to keep people in rather than keep people out. There is one that I tried to photograph, but kept getting ran off and thus I have no pictures of the entrance. I did find some images to share of what is on the "inside." While in the process of relocating to Rome, I tried to look at one of these homes but it was too big of a hassle. These homes are mostly owned by empty nesters and what I call "pre-retirement" homes. Prices range in the $250k - $350k (in this market) for a 3/4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, (around 2800 sq ft) with little back yards (low maintenance is a selling point) This price points are on the high end for this area. There are only two streets which both end in cul-de-sacs. The amenities include small clubhouse, walking trails, small lake (really a big pond) and the ever popular gazebo for sitting and looking at the big pond.








1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of gates designed to keep people *in* the community.

    ReplyDelete